Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tuesday November 6th 2007 Muppets Muppets...

I spent the day at the Academy doing some laundry and was surprised when Pawel and Dasia stopped by to see me and brought me fresh brown eggs from the farm. We talked for a while and I returned to my studies. In the evening I had made tentative plans with Pawel and Dasia to go to the Kino and see Katyn.

In the early afternoon I attended as class on Muppet construction with a fello named Tim from the Netherlands. I learned to work with liquid latex and toilet paper forming the head and face of the Muppet on a clay that I had sculpted. I worked for several hours and Pawel and Dasia called at 5:30PM to let me know that they were here at the Academy. I walked down the stairs to my apartment to meet them and Pawel looked at me and immediately knew I was in the midst’s of creation and he smiled and said “Stay, I can see in through your eyes into your soul and see the flames of creation burning brightly.” I smiled and turned again to climb the stairs, returning to the studio to continue my work. I finished the head of my muppet sometime near 9:00 PM and helped to clean the studio and returned to my apartment to read. I discovered a poem by Rosewicz that I had not read before this time entitled A Tale Of Old Women. I read the master’s words printed upon the page and drifted to sleep.

No comments: