Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday November 19th 2007


My RosesWarsaw Morning Traffic

Wasilkow Orthodox Church
Pawel and My Polish Sister Dasia
(I miss you guys!)

Warsaw Posters

UB
Pawel and My Puppet Head
Pawel's Mom and Dad

University Of Bialystok Lecture Hall

Monday November 19th 2007

Today is my last day in Bialystok and I decided to spend the day at the University of Bialystok. I was invited by the English Philology Department to lecture to their students and faculty on American Drama. This lecture was in addition to my series of lectures at the Academy and was more of a summary of my previous lectures. I arrived at the University before my scheduled lecture time and spent time in conversation with Professor Robert Kuzma. He accompanied me to the lecture hall where I met with about 110 students of the University of Bialystok. After the lecture I was showered with applause and presented with a bouquet of roses. Being a theatre artist, roses are my favorite flower and the bouquet was greatly appreciated. A luncheon was held in my honor and afterwards I bid farewell to my students from the University of Bialystok.

Later in the evening I met with Pawel and my Polish sister Dasia. We dined together, went shopping for a bit, and they returned me to my apartment for my last evening in Bialystok. I missed them already. I kissed them both farewell and settled in for a little sleep before the Dean of the Academy picked me up to take me to my bus to Warsaw.

The ride to Warsaw in the cold winter morning was uneventful. Traffic in Warsaw was horrid at 8:00 AM and the streets were clogged with buses, lorries, trains, and other forms of vehicles. I arrived at the airport, boarded the plane, and watched a Poland disappeared from my view. I miss Poland terribly, my wife asked me if I was ready to come home, to which I answered, I wish you were here. Poland is indeed a very special place filled with many kind hearted people!

No comments: