Monday, November 5, 2007

Saturday November 3rd, 2007 Baldanders

BALDANDERS

BALDANDERS
BALDANDERS
BALDANDERS




Saturday was a bright and sunny day…perfect for walking the market again. I had forgotten my scarf at the apartment and was cold in the brisk air. I bought a lovely wool scarf today. I walked a bit longer and returned to the school to join my students and present my lecture on Tennessee Williams. In the evening I attended Teatr Lalek for a performance of Baldanders. The story line of this work concerns a demon and shape changer. The two artists that perform this work employ modern edgy techniques and puppets that are life sized. After the performance I found myself at Café Lalek with some of Pawel’s friends and collogues. This artist will perform in a new work entitled Biegun and incorporates the Antarctic adventure and death of Captain Robert F. Scott of the British Royal Navy and his team in 1902. Much of our conversation involved the complexity of enacting a death scene in the Antarctic by an actor on a warm well lighted stage. I am looking forward to his performance in a few days.

No comments: