Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday November 15th 2007

Drama Theatre rehearsal spaces
Warsawa Street
The Drama Theatre
My Polish Sis
Flowers on Independence Day

Independence Day On The Square
New Development
Cold Gnome
Funny Glasses
More Fun
At The Kiosk
Pawel and Dasia's House

What a busy week this has been.

Last Saturday night Pawel and Dasia held a cousin’s party and we had a wonderful evening. Pawel made chicken wings and I prepared flour tortillas and chicken fajitas filling. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the evening till approximately 3:30 AM. I slept at Pawel and Dasia’s house on Saturday night as it is illegal to consume alcohol in Poland and then operate a motor vehicle. We all enjoyed a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast at noon on Sunday. Pawel dropped me off at the Academy where I worked on my lectures until I met him at the Drama Theatre’s Kabaret Theater. Sunday evening Pawel was appearing in a version of Spamlot in Polish. Another great show here in Bailystok and it was nice to sit at a table and enjoy a nice glass of wine from Armenia while enjoying the show.

On Monday night I was invited to lecture on American Drama at the Global Village English School here in Bialystok. The lecture was a brief overview of 20th Century American Drama. The lecture was well attended by students, faculty, and staff. On their web site they posted the following:

Monday evening lecture presentation

Professor Mark F. Tattenbaum (a Fulbright Program Senior Scholar) is soon closing a series of his lectures on American drama of the 20th century, given at Bialystok’s Theatre Academy. Courtesy of Prof. Tattenbaum and the Academy, Global Village students and teachers will hear him on Monday, 12 November, at 8.15 pm, presenting selected works of Eugene O’Neill, Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams and the likes. Admission free.

On Tuesday I stayed in as it was very cold and I worked on Wednesday night’s lecture. Tuesday came and went and on Wednesday I had dinner with Pawel. Dasia is away in the Ukraine as a judge for a children’s festival. I miss my Polish sister but will see her before I return to the states.

Wednesday night’s lecture went well and the Academy was very busy that night as the semester projects were presented in the school’s theatre. Pawel has been very busy with these projects.

Thursday I went again to the Russian Market and spent the evening building another puppet. Well, that is about all for now.

No comments: