Wednesday, November 7, 2007

November 7th 2007


Today was a cold blustery pre winter day here in Bialystok. I slept late today and when I woke I continued my reading of Rozewicz. I had some tea and went outside for my walk. It was cold but today my gloves were cold also. I fed the Pigeons at the park and felt somewhat akin to the scenes contained in Hitchcock’s The Birds. In addition to the pigeons and the crows I also had little Piafs, or sparrows as well. I made sure the little fellows had some bread crumbs along with the bigger birds and I walked off to the Russian Market. I really enjoy the market as merchants hail from many locations; I think I even spied one from Pakistan (is that possible?) Today I purchased a few fruits, apples and pears as the pears here are just wonderful. I also purchased a bunch of roses for my apartment. The other photograph is a statute of John Paul and the flowers and candles placed in devotion and remembrance.

Tonight I will deliver my lecture on William Inge, the most famous of the few voices of Midwestern American Drama. I will also screen the film adaptation of Inge’s Bus Stop, featuring Marilyn Monroe.

No comments: