Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunday November 4th, 2007 Pawel's Mom Cooks Again!

Sunday was a quiet day. I stayed in and worked on my William Inge lecture which I will deliver this coming Wednesday. I did go out for a short walk and purchased a sim card for the GMS cell phone that Pawel gave to me. This way he and Dasia are able to reach me. In the evening Pawel came to pick me up at my apartment and we went to his parents house for another lovely family dinner. Tonight she made a regional specialty, a potato babka. This is not the sweet cake like babka that we are familiar with in the U.S. but is a warm and comforting dish made in the oven from potatoes. It is similar to potato pancakes made in a tray or loaf type of affair. She served the babka with honey glazed ribs and baked chicken. I will never be able to thank his parents for their kindness to me. Pawel’s dad went to the train station after dinner to pick up Dasia who was returning from her parent’s home in the south. It was wonderful to see her again. They drove me home to the Academy and then they went to their weekly Pre-Cana class. I spent the evening working again on my lectures.

No comments: