Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday October 27th, 2007. Arthur Miller Lecture


The Russian Market




I woke up early today and checked the theatre schedule and there was nothing I could get to see within my time schedule. I prepared a breakfast of sunnyside up, fresh Polish brown eggs and some naturally smoked bacon. Food is so much fresher here and there does not seem to be so much processing of food as in the west. I decided on a walk to the Russian Market. As today was Saturday the market was in full swing and it took me quite some time to walk the market. I find that I enjoy a walk before my lectures to help clear my mind of the cobwebs and to clarify my thoughts on my lecture material. I returned to the Academy and dressed in my suit. I walked up to the lecture hall and spoke to a sizeable group about the changes that occurred in American Drama at the end of the war and into the post war period. The subject author today was the life and works of Arthur Miller including the red scare, H.U.A.C. and Kazan. I screened Into The Post War Years and followed this with a discussion of Miller and finished the 3 hour lecture with a Screening of Death Of A Salesman. Response was wonderful and several students requested assistance and guidance on projects. Pawel joined the lecture in progress after he completed his work with his students. We walked down to the restaurant at the corner and enjoyed dinner together. I spent the evening updating the blog and listening to music.

No comments: