Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21st 2007

Road To Szczuczyn



Pawel and Dasia's VW
Country 7-11
Diesel Fuel Please
Pawel and Dasia
Prices in Zlotys Per Liter

Today was a very special as well as busy day for me. Today was the day for me to visit Szczuczyn where my great grandfather, his brothers, and my grandfather Stanley were born. Today was also my dinner with Pawel's Parents. Every journey has its surprises and today was no exception. On the way to Szczuczyn, Pawel remembered that there are Polish Defense Bunkers along our route which date back from 1939. As a large part of my research in American Studies is the Second World War we decided that it would be a wonderful thing for me to see. An additional surprise was that today was election day here in Poland and Pawel was taking me to observe the voting process. More on this later.
As there is so much to cover I will break this post up to make it easier.

No comments: